Practically in all kind of communication system, more or less losses are involved. To make the system more efficient, it is needed to identify and trace the faults & losses so that suitable techniques can be implemented to eliminate or reduce the losses. In optical fiber communication, optical time domain…
AQ1000 Optical Time Domain Reflectometer
The AQ1000 satis es test and measurement needs in analyzing access optical networks.
- Wavelengths: 1310 / 1550 nm
- Dynamic ranges: 32 / 30 dB
- Size: 185 mm (W) × 116 mm (H) × 56 mm (D)
- Weight: 660 g
Multi-touch touchscreen, Intuitive and responsive
Tap, swipe, pinch or press. the high resolution, responsive 5.0-inch multi-touch capacitive touchscreen and hard-key buttons make OTDR operations simple and intuitive.
OTDR view modes
- Trace view: Traditional view with OTDR waveforms and event markers.
- Map view : Simple, icon-based map view for easy interpretation of network events.
- Full-Auto: Simply pressing one singe button, the AQ1000 initiates an OTDR measurement, detects and comprehensively characterizes network events with PASS/FAIL judgment based on user-de ned thresholds. The measurement data can be saved automatically if desired.
- Real-Time: Simple and fast way to observe how the network connection looks like and make a Pass/Fail judgment of the network connection. The markers enables distance and loss measurements.
Long battery operation time Over 10 hours!
No worrying about running out of battery power during your daily work. The AQ1000’s high capacity Li-Ion battery will last for 10 hours under the Telcordia standard conditions.
Quick boot-up: Under 10 seconds!
From completely OFF to measurement ready in under 10 seconds!
Built-in PC and LS, and VLS
- Power checker (PC): Measures and displays optical power of incoming light for testing network performance.
- Light source (LS): Outputs a stable, continuous wave/modulated light for measuring end-to-end attenuation accurately when paired with an optical power sensor.
- Visible light source (VLS); Outputs red light for checking continuity of launch bers or short ber trunks. Breaks and bending in fiber can be identified visually.